Our youth are the future – both within our church and in the local community. They are our future leaders. To them we entrust our hopes and dreams, along with the stewardship of what has been entrusted to us.
At Weston Park Baptist Church (WPBC), we believe that getting a good education is one of the keys to success. We want to support our youth as they pursue their own hopes and dreams and a generous donation has allowed us to do just that.
WPBC introduced the new Youth Scholarship for the first time in 2018. The aim was to tackle a challenge as well as recognize an opportunity.
As the costs associated with post-secondary education continue to increase, the goal of achieving one’s dreams becomes more challenging for students who are growing up in families that are struggling just to make ends meet. That’s the challenge.
Then, there’s the opportunity. As Christians, we are called to serve. WPBC is a community that both serves and is supported by the active involvement of many different people. Thus, it was decided that community involvement at the local church level and beyond would also be an important consideration in assessing potential scholarship recipients.
A total of up to $5,000 will be awarded annually. Successful applicants will each receive a minimum of $500 to help offset the cost of their studies.
Who is this scholarship for?
The scholarship is open to all youth between the ages of 16 and 29 years of age who have demonstrated a commitment to the WPBC community and are pursuing a post-secondary education.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have:
- Attend or have attended Sunday services and consider WPBC their home church.
- Been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in, an accredited part-time or full-time community college or university program for the application year.
- A completed online application form.
- A reflective piece, which demonstrates your passion for/commitment to serving others and your plan for ongoing involvement in the serving within the WPBC community.
Here are the Guidelines for your Reflective piece
- A letter of recommendation - Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation.
* All information provided will only be used to determine the applicant’s eligibility for the WPBC Youth Scholarship.
The Scholarship Steering Committee reserves the right to modify any aspect of the scholarship program at any time.
Begin your application now: Begin Your Application