Our youth are the future – both within our church and in the local community. They are our future leaders; to them we entrust our hopes and dreams, along with the stewardship of what has been entrusted to us.
At Weston Park Baptist Church (WPBC), we believe that a good education is one of the keys to success and want to support our youth as they pursue their own hopes and dreams. A generous donation has allowed us to do just that.
With the costs of post-secondary education increasing, the goal of achieving one’s dreams becomes more challenging for students who are growing up in families that may be struggling just to make ends meet. In response to this challenge, WPBC is introducing a scholarship. Beginning in 2018, a total of up to $5,000 will be distributed annually. Successful applicants will be awarded a minimum of $500 towards their studies.
Who is this scholarship for?
The scholarship is open to all youth who have demonstrated a commitment to the WPBC community and are pursuing a post-secondary education. As Christians we are called to serve. Weston Park Baptist Church is a community that both serves and is supported by the active involvement of many different people. Thus, community involvement at the local church level and beyond will be an important consideration in determining scholarship recipients.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have:
- Attended Sunday services at Weston Park Baptist Church, and consider her/himself a part of the WPBC family.
- Been accepted to, or are currently enrolled in, an accredited part-time or full-time community college or university program for the application year.
- A completed online application form.
- A reflective piece, which outlines why you should be considered for the scholarship. Refer to the "Application Requirements - Reflective piece" pdf available below.
- A letter of recommendation - Refer to the "Application Requirements - Letter of recommendation" pdf available below.
* All information provided will only be used to determine the applicant’s eligibility for the WPBC Youth Scholarship.
Begin your application now: Begin to Apply
The Scholarship Steering Committee reserves the right to modify any aspect of the scholarship program at any time.